Saturday, February 11, 2017

Beaded Cross Choker

This morning i followed a video on how to make this beaded cross. it uses size 12 seed beads and small pearl beads. The YouTube video is not in English however, so English speakers will have to just follow what she does. it is a very simple pattern, first you make 6 squares or motifs and then sew them together

Once I had it done, I grabbed 2 small jump rings, and 1 large jump ring. I inserted the 2 smaller jump rings on either side of the top of the beaded cross. Next I took the large jump ring and put it through both small jump rings. Lastly I put a pinch bail ( which i bought from Craft Fantastic)  and slid it onto the large jump ring.

The band which it is hanging off of in the picture is an inkle woven band that my mother wove herself. I slid the pinch bail over the band and then we tied 2 slip knots to make it adjustable. It easily slides to the largest size to slid over my head and then I can adjust it to be as small as I want, for instance a choker displayed in the last picture.  sometime soon I will be posting on how to make a bracelet on a Ricks Beading Loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment