Thursday, February 20, 2014

Rainbow Loom Projects








 I received a Rainbow Loom for Christmas and have been having a lot of fun. I found a picture of a turtle and figured out how to make it (below)  and it turned out great!

Next i found a pattern in my book for a hibiscus bracelet and decided to make it out of glow-in-the-dark bands. I loved how the glow-in-the-dark looked. It looked completely amazing!

Recently Michael's had a sale for the bands, two for five, and mom took me over to get some. I really wanted the camo bands, but when we got there I found them out. I suppose that is the risk of living in a military town, when bands go on sale the camo flies off the shelf. Well I found other colors that looked like they were the camo and used them. However i did look online and find out I did not use their colors but its okay because I like how they turned out.

The followed the star-burst bracelet pattern first of all.


For the first bracelet I used multi-colored stars. This means I used all the colors I had for each star. When it was done it looked awesome, kind of like camo. I wasn't sure which way (there were two) that I would like better. So, I took my camo colors and this time did the stars solid colors, alternating the colors for the diffrent stars. For both bracelets I used all the colors for the border.


To make my camo I used: Black, Burgundy, Dark Green, and Olive Green.

I took a picture of them all and put them on the Rainbow Loom Facebook page. So I took a picture of both of them together so they could be seen side by side.

 I love the Rainbow Loom, it is the first, and the best of all the rubber band looms and they are very fun to make. If you follow the step-by-step instructions in YouTube videos or books you will be able to create even the most complicated of patterns.

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I thought I would share my life for a time. I hope you all enjoyed my creations!

Love,
J.K. Van'Ellesad



No comments:

Post a Comment