Thursday, May 9, 2013

I did my volunteering at the library this morning, and as soon as I came home i printed out the biscuit recipe and started to work. before i could even make it i had to pull out the yeast and then scrub the counter top clean...

yeah it was really nasty to clean.

once i got it clean i made the biscuits and did the dishes i could while they baked. Hopefully they taste as good as when mom makes them. Downside to all this is my hands were yuckied up more times then i could count and now my feel hurt like crap. Pretty sure part of that is the bad circulation i have in my legs do to my Hypotension [low blood pressure].

I plain to just sit here on my but for a bit with my feet raised. I see no point in getting up when nothing really to do and my feet hurt this bad.

Ingredients
  •     1 package yeast
  •     1/2 cup lukewarm water
  •     5 cups all-purpose flour
  •     1 teaspoon baking soda
  •     1/2 teaspoon salt
  •     1 tablespoon baking powder
  •     2 tablespoons sugar
  •     3/4 cup solid shortening (recommended: Crisco) Lard for the brave at heart
  •     2 cups buttermilk* or as needed

How to make it
  •     Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  •     Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside.
  •     Mix dry ingredients together.
  •     Cut in shortening.
  •     Add yeast and buttermilk and mix well.
  •     Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead briefly and roll out to desired thickness.
  •     Cut with biscuit cutter, or a glass,  and place on greased baking sheet.
  •     Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
*to make buttermilk from ordinary, just had the 2 cups of milk followed but 2 tbls of vinegar





                  

2 comments:

  1. Okay, saving this page! :D Those biscuits look great... Might have to try that recipe myself at some point. Sorta reminds me of the homemade biscuits my Grandfather makes, just fluffier... :)

    ReplyDelete